Sunday, May 25, 2008

Corey Patterson

While I'm thinking about this junk from this loss today, let me say something about CP23...

He was 0-8 today. Zero for eight. One sacrifice. Hell, that's an out, too. He might be the worst contact hitter I've ever seen. I watch a lot of baseball. A LOT. When I'm watching the Reds I generally have one game on picture-in-picture and anohter on MLB.tv, sometimes two on there. I'm generally watching at least two games at once, sometimes as many as four. No one I have seen currently playing regularly in the bigs is as awful as Corey Patterson. He's a bad bunter. He tries to bunt for a hit like he's Norris Hopper, and never makes contact. When he swings he's the king of infield popups. When he does make contact he barely even gets a piece of it. I can't remember the last time I saw him have a solid base hit, like hitting it square. I seem to recall a double recently but even that was sliced down the line. He swings like he has the timing down, but he closes his eyes and swings based on the sound the ball makes rather than the location where he sees it pitched. I almost wonder if he needs Lasik or has vision problems. If his continued playing time is Dusty's doing, Dusty needs to have his head examined. Ridiculous.

Just had to vent. More about today's debacle below.

No comments: